Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sooo tired


I started a new job this week, and as with all of the other times, I'm exhausted.  Too much information for my brain, and I have to put a lot of effort into staying awake until at least 8pm.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, and I know that this will get better as I get more and more used to the new place, but I always seem to forget how rough the first weeks are at a new place.  Lucky for me my BF has been picking up the slack with the household stuff and been generally very understanding.

Of course this is also the time that my family and friends start to realize that, hey, it's been a while and we should really get together.  I am realizing more and more that March is going to be another one of those months where I have to focus on just putting one step in front of the other and just push through until I regain my bearings.  It actually took me 6 days to return a friend's phone call.  Thankfully she knows me well enough to know right away that there must be something going on because that is so not like me. 

On my plate right now, and for the foreseeable future are one friend recently out of rehab, a sister-in-law/very good friend who is going to give birth any second now, a very needy mother, at least 3 families who want get togethers with us and the kids soon, a friend's birthday bash coming up that I promised ages ago to go to, and tax season.  All of this along with the new job and crazy babymomma.

As a very good friend once said "Stepmommy needs a cocktail!"

No comments:

Post a Comment