Tuesday, February 14, 2012

New apartment


It is done, we found the new apartment, and I must say, it’s effin perfect.  Right now we are in a big one bedroom, which was great for the past 5 or so years when I was living alone with my old cat, but with the bf, another cat, and 3 young kids every other weekend, it’s more than a little cramped.

Also the neighbourhood is not as kid friendly as I would like.  They can’t even play outside.

The new place, 3 bedroom with very large rooms (the kitchen, living room and master bedroom are all around 12x18), walking distance from 2 parks, with a yard out back and more storage than we know what to do with.  The master bedroom closet is 6 feet wide by 2 feet deep. (We are currently living with 2 3 foot by 1 foot closets…total…in the whole apartment).   There is even a pantry in the kitchen J

I can’t wait to move, which because Quebec is stupid sometimes, is mandatory at july 1st.  Everyone moves on the same freaking day here, which just makes absolutely no sense to me.

Also, a newer building and all that means my insurance costs are gonna be less in the three bedroom than the one bedroom, win.

The only downside is that there is a little part of me that is panicking because I am now doing all sorts of couple stuff.  I am looking at insurance for 2, signed a lease with 2 names, that sort of stuff.  All things I have never done before.  Ever since I left my mom’s place, I have never been legally connected to anyone in any way, and now I feel like I am sharing everything.  I bought curtains yesterday, and we’re splitting the cost, so I co-own curtains.

I know most of you are like so what, no biggie, but those who know me know that I am fighting hard against all of these mini anxiety attacks that I ‘m having almost every other day.

I am not exactly a commitment-phobe, because I have no problem committing myself to another person, connecting my legal, financial, and paper life is a whole other story.  I was supposed to move in with my first long term boyfriend and he crapped out on me like 3 weeks before moving, add in the whole childhood issues part, and you could say I am generally incapable of depending on someone.  It’s not that I don’t trust them per say, it’s more that I like to have an escape plan at all times, and when you start signing stuff together and sharing insurance, the wiggle room is severely limited.

So while I am super excited about how great it’s gonna be in the new place, part of me is still waiting for the bad stuff to happen.  The only thing keeping my anxiety under control is the medication and my constant reminder to myself that it’s been a year since I’ve been dating this guy (official coupledom isn’t till May 15th) and he hasn’t let me down, not even once, which is something else I have never had before (in a guy, my girls are the best EVAR!)

No comments:

Post a Comment