Wednesday, August 8, 2012

So…How are things?

Wow, it’s been a while hasn’t it.  I know, I know, I really suck at keeping in touch, but as usual, a whole crapload of stuff kinda put me in basic survival mode, and alas, this blog is still an optional thing at the moment.

Right after we found the new apartment, I learned that my job was changing offices too, at the same time as the other move.  So then I had not one, but two moves to plan and execute.  Then I took on another job (temporary to help someone out), so there was that.  Add in a minor car accident, and some pretty heavy family drama, and needless to say, I was exhausted. 

Everything worked out of course, the heavy family drama, while pretty crappy to go through, ended up helping my BF, his ex (the kids’ mom) and I reach a new level of being able to work together.  The new apartment is fabulous, though there was 3 times as much painting and work to do than we thought (area rugs and furniture covered a multitude of sins when we visited apparently.) but we worked hard and everything is almost done.

The car accident was a minor fender bender which still had me on pain meds and restricted movement for about a month, and the 2nd job is over.

So here I am, back to normal (or as normal as I can be) with one job, in a fancy new office, a new apartment with room for everyone, and a body that is 90% functional.

I must admit though, there were a few rough patches, and I wasn’t always so sure that we would make it through.  My BF and I are pretty strong, but when almost every single possible outside force it pushing against you, cracks appear and things start to leak. 

At one point, there was so much going on that my sister in law actually told me that a sane person would have just run for the hills, but that lucky for them, I’m not all that saneJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment